Seeking input on the building redesign project:
Hi Folks :
As we move forward toward the day when our two congregations will have their new home together in what is currently the St. Aidan’s campus, our Building Redesign Committee is working to shape the directions that will be taken. As you might imagine, there will be many things to consider and decisions to be made over time. Right now, at this very early stage of the committee’s work, we want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts. The committee wants to get a general sense of what is important to the congregations both in terms of worship space and other church activities and uses.
We realize that right now, in the midst of a time of social change and self-isolation, some may feel they have extra time to share their ideas and others might feel they want to wait. We understand this and want you to know that this opportunity to provide input will not be the only avenue that will be used as the space is redesigned. However, any thoughts you can share now will be very useful as the design thinking gets underway.
We invite you to respond to this email with your comments on the questions below. If you don’t have ideas for all of them that’s fine – please provide whatever information you want. To submit your thoughts, please reply to this email by April 15th
Your thoughts on the spaces you are now using:
- What adjectives would you use to describe your ideal church building? (ie. Light and bright, mysterious, quiet and sacred…)
- When you think about the space where you worship on Sundays, what stands out as the features that are most important or meaningful to you? In other words, what are the most positive things about the space? What is it about these things that make these features important to you?
- When you think about the spaces where you participate in church related activities other than worship, what stands out as the features that are most important or meaningful to you? In other words, what are the most positive things about the space? What is it about these things that make these features important to you?
- For the worship space and/or the church activity spaces, what challenges or issues have you experienced? How have these impacted you?
Your thoughts as we move toward our redesigned space:
- What features are most important to you in the redesigned space that the merged congregations will use for worship and other activities?
- What attributes might our revisioned church facility need to be able to be of service to the community at large :
- Do you have any other thoughts you wish to share with the Building Redesign Committee at this time?
Thank you for your input!
Please send your responses to email@example.com